Manager – Global Software Development – Peoplesoft – Baltimore, Md.
Manager – Global Software Development – Peoplesoft
Location – Baltimore, MD.
Our client is looking for a manager of global software development to oversee development in their Global PeopleSoft implementation.
The position will require moderate international travel of 15% and you will be based out of the client’s head office in Baltimore, Md.
The PRIMARY thing we are looking for is a PeopleSoft Expert – This means we are looking for someone that has a technical background, that has developed, configured, and lead project teams in peoplesoft in international implementations.
The most important modules are: CRM and FSCM.
The Manager, Global Software Development is responsible for leading a software development team focused on designing, implementing and supporting core applications. The primary responsibility will be applications in PeopleSoft, custom Product Selection Software and the public website. Key to this role is the ability to simultaneously direct change management and problem management to exceed customer expectations for quality service and on-time delivery.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert skills in Software Development and lifecycle management
- Expert analytical skill and problem solving techniques
- Expert skills in Project Management
- Expert skills in application process design and systems integration
- Advanced skills in PeopleSoft CRM and FSCM development
- Advanced skills in process improvement and implementing lean concepts
- Thorough knowledge of ERP systems
- Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft CRM and FSCM data structures
- Moderate knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Advanced skills with PeopleSoft Query, SQR, PeopleTools, Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine, and Integration Broker
- Advanced skills with Workflow development
- Advanced skills with Oracle databases and the Unix operating system
- Advanced skills in verbal and written communication
- Moderate skills with Java, PHP, MySQL
- Thorough knowledge of business processes and systems architecture
- Coaches/Mentors: Works to improve and reinforce performance of others by providing clear and specific feedback that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem.
- Plans/Organizes: Estimates length and difficulty of tasks accurately; acquires necessary resources to meet objectives; adjusts for problems and obstacles; sets priorities, objectives, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Customer Focus: Takes action guided by customer concerns and needs
- Problem Solves: Builds a logical approach to address problems or manage a situation by drawing on knowledge and experience; utilizes all available resources to meet objectives
- Sense of Urgency: Identifies an urgent situation and takes prompt action; turns intent into action, speed, response
NATURE & SCOPE
The Manager, Global Software Development reports to the Director, Global Business Systems. He/she will set strategy, goals and objectives and then lead a worldwide team of Software Developers both directly and indirectly in the execution of those objectives. The Manager, Global Software Development will work with the Manger, Global Process Engineering and the Manager, Global IT Infrastructure to ensure that changes are being implemented successfully. Additionally, the Manager, Global Software Development will be responsible for local direction of daily activities for IT Infrastructure professionals. He/she will work with the Manger, IT Infrastructure to ensure that their strategies and objectives are being implemented successfully in this region. The position will have frequent interactions with all levels of the organization including company representatives in all worldwide locations.
- Develop a strategy and plan for improving company’s software development process to exceed customer expectations for Quality, Service and Support.
- Lead all worldwide locations in the implementation of the improvement plan.
- Provide technical leadership to establish solid project frameworks and excellent development processes
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a high-performance, cross-functional team
- Foster culture of customer focus and continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Develop customer centric metrics that inform the business of the team’s progress.
- Own and successfully meet deadlines.
- Continuously develop and enforce the company’s software development guidelines.
- Review and contribute to the development of requirements, technical specifications and design documentation.
- Guide software development personnel to define technical solutions and alternatives to meet business unit needs and leverage current and future technology.
- Manage overall software development life-cycle
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and/or IT projects and initiatives
- Managing the local IT Infrastructure team in the execution of their objectives as set by the Manager, Global IT Infrastructure
- Manage contracts and purchase for software, hardware, communications and outside services for the NA business systems team
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 25% of the time. Typical working conditions include those of a normal office environment. Travel 15% of the time will be required.
Phone: 440-387-4589 Ext 100